Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: [GZG official Universe] Interstellar economics

Re: SGII tanks and such..

From: "Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:48:11 +1200
Subject: Re: SGII tanks and such..

Buji Kern <mrbuji@whidbey.net> wrote:
>>Their mislaeled AAV-7 (big, chunky APC with upturned nose) is great
for
>>25mm figs - it could hold a lot of toops, and it's got a good remote
turret
>>up top.  Not real stealthy, but looks neat.  It's called an M-113 for
some
>>reason...
>Hmm. It's called an AAV7A1 on www.galoob.com. Also, does anybody know
if
the
>Ferret armored car shown is in the same scale as the Merk and AAV?
Looks
>like it should, but I wasn't sure.
    Actually, the HTML file is called "...M113...", yet the vehicle is
clearly called "AAV7A1" in the HTML. So that's where the discrepancy
lies.
    The Ferret armoured car is roughly to scale with the trailer and the
two
plastic soldiers standing beside it. The real life Ferret is about the
size
of a tallish Austin/Morris Mini car. This is based on my own experience
with
being very close to a real Ferret in a recent show here in New Zealand.
    So if the soldiers are the same height in both, then all vehicles
should
be roughly compatible.
    By the way, the missile firing Merkava model is odd? As the real one
doesn't! But they are toys after all!

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: [GZG official Universe] Interstellar economics