Prev: /gzg/ft2 full steam - yet another FT conversion Next: Re: /gzg/ot SG Humor

[SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:56:20 -0700
Subject: [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon

I just bought 2 slightly understrength platoons: NAC Marines and NSE. I
figured this would be in keeping with the spirit of Canada.

I had to order them in -- and I got shorted 2 blisters. Out of stock. Oh
no!

By the time I paint the rest, they should be in. Right KR?

Has anyone else had problems with the Geohex resin stuff? The Gauntlet
APC I bought was so full of holes it took me 4 hours of work just to
fill and prepare for priming. Almost all the corners, etc were filled
with bubbles, and kind of a nightmare to fill/remake.

I realize that resin casting will produce bubbles. But other resin
products I have seen don't have nearly the same faults. The Gauntlet
looked like someone had taken shots at it with a 50cal.

Without exaggeration, I would have to say that there were at least 50
major bubbles (that had to be filled) and at least 1000 minor ones (I
couldn't face filling these).

My Hoplite APC looks like it will take hours of work just to sand it to
make the parts fit together.

And by DSII dropships were so poorly cast that I had to rebuild the
front lower sections.

On the positive side, once you get them done they look great!

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just cursed?

Happy fighting,

Paul