Prev: [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Re: /gzg/ot SG Humor

From: tom.anderson@a...
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:59:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: /gzg/ot SG Humor

 ---- agoodall (i think) wrote:

> >	What the hell does "Farewell to Arms," and "The Old Man and the
Sea"
> >have to do with sci-fi ground combat? Hmmmmmm?  Huh?
> I think the writer was poking fun at SF with the usual mainstream
belief that

> no one has written truly literary SF. This is a spurious argument,
such as

> judging all mainstream writing on Tom Clancy or Jackie Collins.
Instead of

> Hemingway, and to keep on an SF note, the writer could have used
Philip Dick,

> Sheri Tepper, or even Harlan Ellison (his earlier stuff) or Ray
Bradbury (I'm

> not a big Bradbury fan, but he's a wordsmith, thus a darling of the
mainstream

> world).

can i mention Brian Aldiss? even Arthur Clarke has his moments. sorry,
this belongs on a different list.

Tom

ps how about a /gzg/psy or [psy] code for discussion of player
psychology?

altavista.iname.com

Prev: [SG] Resin rant. was Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.