Prev: Re: Full Thrust FAQ Next: Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:15:41 -0600
Subject: Re: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

>Metallized mylar (such as is used for balloons) would, in my opinion,
look
>best, and it resists tearing pretty well.  Thickness would be something
>like .001", and if your local plastics distributor doesn't have it as
>metallized mylar, try asking for shim stock of .0005 to .002 thick.  I
>don't know of an adhesive that works particularly well on mylar,
though.
>You might use 1/16" dia clear acrylic rod for the framework.

Metalized mylar would, of course, be the most authentic
thing you could use--it's the actual compenent in a number
of designs!

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: Full Thrust FAQ Next: Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)