Prev: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers. Next: Re: FT Campaign System 2 [Long]

Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:13:00 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

John Atkinson <jatkins6@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>1)Assaulting Platoon comprises 4 power armor elements, 2 unarmored
>missle teams, and 5 APCs.  Is it permissible to, in one activation:
>Fire the APC's weapons, then close assault with the PA teams, then move
>the missle teams up into the position the PA took?  IOW, can different
>elements do different things if those things make sense?
    I suspect that when the PA teams close assaulted, they broke unit
integrity with the missile teams and APCs.
    I would have close assaulted with the PA teams, GMS teams and APCs
altogether. Provided your PA teams and APCs exceeded the number of
defenders
and the GMS teams didn't attack any defenders, I would say that they
couldn't be attacked by the defenders. In other words, if the close
assaulting attackers exceed the defenders, the attacker gets to
determine
who fights who, and vice versa.

>2)Confidence checks--let's say that in the first round the Power Armor
>only loose one element, but it's the Platoon Leader.  Do they take a
>leader loss +3 confidence check for this?  If so, do they do it after
>the round, or at the end of the activation?
    Yes. I would say after the round, not at the end of activation.

>3)Then let us suppose that during the close assault activation, the
>platoon takes 25% casualties, but not all at the same time--different
>phases, even different assaults (follow throughs). Does this count as
>taking 25% casualties at one time hence a +1 confidence check? And do
>they take this at the end of the activation or immediately when they
>hit that 25% level in one activation?
    The worst TL that applies at the time they take damage/casualties.
Don't
delay!

>4)Assaulted platoons--if they take enough casualties to trigger a
>confidence check, do they take it during the close assault, or after
>it's all resolved.
    During the close assault - when the damage/casualties are taken.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers. Next: Re: FT Campaign System 2 [Long]