Prev: Re: Tank Destroyers (was: GE Mechanics) Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers.

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:00:08 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers.

Murray Baines <MBaines@vines.gems.gov.bc.ca> wrote:
>Double movment:
>No unit should get double movment for open ground, roads or anything.
The
>movment bonus should be reduced to 1.5 or something close to that.
    I strongly disagree! Easy terrain is where the vehicle is in travel
mode - It can't perform any combat actions! If you want the vehicle to
perform combat actions, the vehicle must treat all Easy terrain as
Normal
terrain.

>I like GEVs, I just think that they should be light and fast not MBTs.
GEV
>pilots, not drivers think that they are Hussars, you wouldn't catch any
>self respecting Hussar wearing armour!
    The US Marine and the Soviet GEV are armoured to resist Antipersonel
weapons and some parts are armoured to resist 50 calibre rounds.
Hammer's
Slammers are GEV, weigh over 100 tons and are plated in iridium.

>Proposed TD Enhancements:
>-Weapons Class:
>One or two higher than vehicle size., Ok one higher, same as Turreted.
>-Armour:
>One higher than the vehicle size. But you have to pay for it with
points.
>-Movement restrictions:
>Maybe 1/4 before movment or 1/2 after, assuming you fire in your
>activation. Turreted weapons do not have these restrictions.
    It's easier to give the TD signature die a step increase instead of
all
these.

>Currently my favorite TDs, Ok my only TDs are size 2 with DFFG3 FM and
>GMS/H they are great and cost more than my size 3 MBTs??? It's true. I
>didn't say I was any good at this.
    I prefer twin GMS/H in a turret in a size 2 wheeled high mobility
vehicle. Cheaper and more effective.
    My friend has found that HELs and DFFGs, in various combinations, go
very well together with GRAV mobility and ablative armour.
    Of course, the ultimate is the Hammer's Slammers Power guns with
DFFG
damage, and HEL ranges.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: Tank Destroyers (was: GE Mechanics) Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities