Prev: RE: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space tactics

(GZG-FT) I quit Re: Space tactics

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 06:47:40 -0500
Subject: (GZG-FT) I quit Re: Space tactics

***
> Page 3 of FTII: 'If you have a huge area, then you can expand the
units
> accordingly...' Not a requirement, but seems to define the spirit of
the
> game.

To take your own line of thought right back at you, "can" not "must".
I'm
hereby defining my gameboard to include the 1000 meters (realworld)
nearest
my house in all directions.  For convenience's sake, we'll redefine the
position of the edges as needed instead of going into the yard and
dealing
with the mosquito swarm.  Happy now?
***

Did you read the original passage? However, this fixation on a
particular
word out of context convinces me that I'm just not going to get my point
across. Obviously, no, not happy.

***
The game is supposed to reflect "reality".  There is not game scale
grain
in reality.
***

I'll pass on the obvious cheap shot about invoking reality in a sci-fi
game. I just think any set of rules will break down if you push them
enough. Yes, you are free to find your reality where you will.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space tactics