Prev: (GZG-FT) I quit Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Space tactics

Re: Space tactics

From: <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:58:50 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: Space tactics

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Going FT-mechanical at you again: The planet-based SMLs get to fire in
> the same turn as the incoming high-speed fleet can fire their
*non*-SML
> weapons, and explode *before* the high-speed attackers can fire any of
> their weapons...

You have a point there. I've only played with SMLs once or twice, so
you'll have to excuse me for not being intimately familiar with them.

Doesn't change the basics, though -- it still boils down to one turn of
intense fire and zoom away (if you can't survive the SML onslaught in
the
attack pass, how do you reckon you'd survive it in a "normal" battle?
Yes, hitting you is tad harder, but OTOH you're sticking around to
receive multiple shots)

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: (GZG-FT) I quit Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Space tactics