Prev: RE: Space Tactics Next: Re: Fighter intercept of salvo missiles

Re: Mapping FT (#2)

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:46:51 +0100
Subject: Re: Mapping FT (#2)

At 09:01 19/08/98 -0900, you wrote:

>>At 23:27 19/08/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>>Schoon,
>>>   pardon my ignorance but what is EPS? GIF and JPG I can read and I
>thought
>>>I could read PIC (dont know why it stuffed up). Send it and I'll see
what
>>>happens. Thanks.
>
>>Encapsulated Post Script file. Not a bitmap file as such. If you have
>>something like GraphicConverter or PaintShopPro that *may* be able to
view
>it.
>>
>>		TTFN
>>		     Jon
>

>Just a little more to add to that, EPS is a combined format - basically
>low-resolution picture for the screen, combined with the PostScript
>representation of the image for high-quality output to PostScript
printers.
>If you have any Adobe product you can probably read it, as well as a
large
>host of other image-specific products.  I recommend GraphicConverter
(Mac).
>Dunno which program to recommend on Windows - haven't found a single
one I
>like.
>
>Jared

I'm uncertain about this but I think Ghostscript (a freeware program)
can
read EPS.  It can read PS files quite happily in any case.  Otherwise
the
simplest way to read an EPS file is to use a postscript capable printer
and
print the file to it using a dos command.  Copy filename.* LPT1

Thats what I did the last time I printed EPS.

Prev: RE: Space Tactics Next: Re: Fighter intercept of salvo missiles