Prev: 15mm Sci-Fi survey Next: Re: Mapping FT (#2)

RE: Space Tactics

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:46:44 -0900
Subject: RE: Space Tactics

>    Has anybody else tried experimenting with really big beam
>batteries/railguns?  I use them to represent Traveller/Leviathan style
>spinal mounts.  One arc only, usually fore or aft.  They seem to be
pretty
>effective.  Long-range harassment with the beam, and massive damage
from
>the railgun.  They also get expensive real fast.
>
>Noah

Well, that's an interesting way of looking at it - Spinal Beam weapon is
'long-range harassment'....I guess it doesn't quite capture the
traveller
feel- at least not classic traveller, where the spinal mount was the
primary and most effective weapon.  But then again, with high guard's
abstract combat system, you basically had only 4 ranges. Battle
line-Battle
line/Reserve-Battle line/Battle-line-Reserve/ and Reserve-Reserve.

Prev: 15mm Sci-Fi survey Next: Re: Mapping FT (#2)