Prev: Re: Noble Armada Next: Re: Campaign administration software?

Re: FB Q's

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 19:45:10 +0100
Subject: Re: FB Q's

>A few quick questions that have come up regarding the Fleet Book and
that I
>didn;;t see in the FAQ (which is not to say they are not there)
>
>A)  Are the any changes to the specialized fighter attack rules?  I
assume
>Torp fighters apply half damage to armor as per pulse torps?

Yes.

 Do interceptors
>add their +1 dogfighting bonus against missiles?

Yes

 Does the +1 attack bonus of
>attack fighters give rerolls on a five or six or only when the dice
actually
>reads six?

Rolls of 6 only.

>B)  Is the damage from needle beams still regarded as unable to be
repaired by
>DCP's

Yes. Loss of a system at a threshold check can be considered as
potentially-repairable damage to control runs, power feeds, targetting
arrays or whatever, whereas damage by needle beams is specifically
physical
damage to the actual system (eg: blowing the weapon mount to bits!).

>C)  The summary sheet mentions limited anti-ship capability for PDS,
but no
>mention is made in the text.  What's the scoop?

The rules in the summary chart are valid as written.

>By the way I absolutely love the fleet book and the new rules.  Greajob
Jon.

>Later
>
>Brian
>
>I'm sure I'll come up with some others before long.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Noble Armada Next: Re: Campaign administration software?