Prev: Blacklight gaming (Was: Lights to game/paint by) Next: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Re: Odd FT Idea

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:44:56 +0100
Subject: Re: Odd FT Idea

John Atkinson wrote:
> I'm wondering about the Gurkhas.  I mean, Nepal is either A)Part of
> ESU, or B)Completely surrounded by same, that entity including both
> India and China.  Is the ESU gonna be so keen on permitting it's
> arch-rivals recruitment drives?  Any 2200s Gurkhas will likely be ESU
> troops, descendants of the Gurkha batallions in the Indian Army.

The SG2 timeline makes some mention of a reformed Gurkha battalion in
the
service of the NAC. My guess is that whilst Nepal is under the ESU's
control
there are some NAC controlled or NAC allied colony worlds out there with

Nepalese populations which provide the recruiting grounds for these
reformed
Gurkha battalions.

Could be interesting if there are also Gurkha battalions in the ESU
forces.....

Steve

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

Steve Pugh    <steve@wickedweb.co.uk>	 <steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com>

Prev: Blacklight gaming (Was: Lights to game/paint by) Next: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)