Prev: Re: Odd FT Idea Next: Re: Surviving Elite Units (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:10:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Vivre la Quebec libre!! (8-) (was Re: Odd FT Idea)

Jerry wrote:
[snip]

>Hmmm, now I'm really curious as to the nuts and bolts of the FT
Universe.
>I've seen some WWW sites on the whole thing (there's one that's running
>campaign PBeM, if I remember correctly), but I'm wondering how things
fit
>together given the fleet sizes as given the Fleet Book?  Jon, when you
came
>up with the ship numbers, did you just put things down that sounded
good,
>or do you have a 'secret file' (tm) with a fully functional, detailed
>Universe, that you're afraid to put out because the rule munchkins will
>jump on it and declare it holy?  (Man, how's that for a run-on
sentence.)

No, they weren't worked out in any detail, just the sort of numbers that
felt about right for the navies involved. Remember that there are MANY
other classes in service than the few examples detailed in the FB. I set
the numbers so that navies were not TOO huge, but OTOH it would be
unlikely
that anyone but the most determined powergamer would field the entire
service strength of a single class in one game!! Of course, if anyone
wants
to buy that many ship minis then that's OK by us..... ;)

Jon (GZG)

>I'll shut up now; I think this is barely on-topic, and I should get
back to
>work.	Working on cgi scripts will do this to your brain.  (8-)
>
>Thanks,
>J.
>
>--
>   Jerry Han - jhan@idigital.net - http://www.idigital.net/jhan -