Prev: Re: Hi-Tech Anti-Tank Weapons (was re: sniper weapons for SGII) Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII

Re: Tank Traps for High Tech

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:32:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Tank Traps for High Tech

Richard spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> On 29 Jun 98 at 13:18, Mike Wikan wrote:
>
> > Assuming a Grav Tank floats a fairly constant height above
> > terrain-PIT TRAPS!!!

Works on grav vehicles which hover < 5m up I'd guess. On high NOE, or
flying, grav tanks (if your background permits), then you are SOL.

> > Hover Tanks- make aerosol dispensers that spray a cloud of JP-4 that
> > gets sucked into the GEV fan plenum followed by a flare igniting the
> > cloud...
>
> Well.... if they use something like a gas turbine engine, they'd
> basically like it and keep running. Might look fairly spectacular
> though.

How about a fast acting rubber eating acid or enzyme cloud - eat away
the plenum skirts and then your ACV blows its fans on rocks and dirt
as it looses lift. Then it becomes a pillbox with a mobility kill.
If you make the skirts out of metal, they aren't flexible enough to
work well (I think).

Tom.

Prev: Re: Hi-Tech Anti-Tank Weapons (was re: sniper weapons for SGII) Next: Re: sniper weapons for SGII