Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel

Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:51:45 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: A Few New DS2 Ideas

You wrote:

>Allow Combat Walkers to Evade while running

Yeah. . .

>Allow VTOLS to Evade
>Allow Infantry Walkers to Run and Evade

Perhaps.

>Allow Evasion to assist in GMS fire avoidance

Nah.  Most GMSs are not going to be optically guided.  They're going to
be fire and forget.

>Give Infantry a 'Damaged" state, much like vehicles (again, more
detail >needed)

Don't like.  Not on scale of Dirstide.	DS infantry element is a fire
team. To have military effect, needs to stay relatively intact. (Try
playing SG with 4-man teams, you'll see what I mean).  Once you drop
one or two of 'em, you've probably a)fuxored their morale state,
b)knocked out the SAW, and/or c)concentrated survivor's minds on aiding
wounded.

>Allow multiple DFO attacks to be spread out like Dispersed Sheaf
artillery
>fire

You mean allowing bombing runs?  I could see this easily.  Rip the
heart out of entire path down the middle of the board.

John

Prev: Re: Communication and Travel Next: Re: Communication and Travel