Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules Next: Re: Friendly Fire

Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

From: NVDoyle <NVDoyle@a...>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 02:03:21 EDT
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

In a message dated 98-05-22 01:48:38 EDT, Mikko writes:

<< Again, agreed, but some people are looking for a fun game, not
realism.
 Besides, it might be worthwhile to ask which realism a game like
DS2/SG2
 is trying to portray? Modern combat with neater guns, or the stuff you
 saw in the latest SciFi flick? >>

Well, I would hope that we are somewhere between the two - closer to
modern
combat, actually.  As I remember, DS2/SG2 were designed to 'simulate'
good
military SciFi.  Which most SciFi movies are not. (Starship Troopers,
bleah!)

And an FMA comment: Full Metal Atkinson: If it consists of nothing but
engineering rules and Frenchmen, then wouldn't they be mimefields?

Noah V. Doyle
Who is running away before everyone can draw their weapons...

Prev: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules Next: Re: Friendly Fire