Prev: OT: Re: AK-47 rounds Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:00:30 +0300 (EET DST)
Subject: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Los wrote:

> Do you remember that game TACOPS? Not a bad game but it had NO morale
> rules. The designer thought that players didn't want to be bothered
with
> them

Actually, I agree with this view. Many gamers (as opposed to
simulationists) intensily dislike morale rules and typically morale
rules, confidence checks etc. is the part of the game that is forgotten
in the heat of the action.

>PLUS since you can't quantify maorale exactly it owuld be
> unrealistic. Of course my argument was no morale rules at all was ten
> times more unrealsitic than having something.

Again, agreed, but some people are looking for a fun game, not realism.
Besides, it might be worthwhile to ask which realism a game like DS2/SG2

is trying to portray? Modern combat with neater guns, or the stuff you
saw in the latest SciFi flick?

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: OT: Re: AK-47 rounds Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios..morale rules