Prev: RE: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios

Re: Random ramblings.

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 04:11:28 GMT
Subject: Re: Random ramblings.

On Sun, 17 May 1998 19:16:39 +0100, Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzero.dungeon.com>
wrote:

>A plug here for GeoHex's very pretty "Forest Floor" printed sheets,
which
>can be cut into irregular-shaped pieces for woods - with just a couple
of
>trees and a little bit of lichen placed on them the end result is both
>effective in play and very decorative. One pack will give you enough
small
>wooded areas for an average 6mm battlefield.

I'll admit that I'm not crazy about the forest floor pack. It's just an
aesthetics thing, but I prefer to use felt. My local craft stores have
various
shades of green intermixed with black and look pretty good.

However, I FULLY endorse GeoHex's river and dirt road printed sheets.
They are
the most inexpensive roads and rivers you can find, and they look pretty
good
on the table. Sure, I've seen rubber rivers and river banks that look
nicer,
but they cost about 8 times as much. I plan to get more of these at
GenCon.
Likewise, the farm field and 6mm road packs are great buys.

Allan Goodall	      agoodall@sympatico.ca

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like
my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like
his passengers.

Prev: RE: Low Tech Scenarios Next: Re: Low Tech Scenarios