Prev: RE: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question Next: Re: David Peters, Internet Message

Fw: new miniatures sources

From: "John Kinder" <JKinder@w...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:26:58 -0600
Subject: Fw: new miniatures sources

    Greetings all,
    A few weeks ago I attended the "Little Wars" con in suburban
Chicago. No
GZG
games, it's a historical convention, but I did find some interesting
stuff
in the dealer's area.
    Regal Miniatures (1116 Broadway, Polk City ,IA 50226 ) distibutes
Gladiator Miniatures in the US. They have a very nice line of 1/300
scale
grav armor called "Hard Kill". There are 26 vehicle packs based on 7 or
8
basic designs with 3 tanks or 4 lighter vehicles to a pack for $4.25.
They
are well molded and would fit in easily with Irregular or Scotia
vehicles.
They also have 3 types of infantry packs with 25 figures ( 5 to a strip
)
for $2.25, light infantry in greatcoats, heavy infantry in body armor,
and
marine infantry in light power armor. I bought enough armor and troops
for a
healthy Dirtside Battlegroup.
    Division After Division ( 16710 Bradbe Road, Fisherville, KY 40023 )
distributes Chariot Miniatures in the US. They have a small line of
"Micro
Space Ships". These ships looked good but were small compared to the GZG
line. The Alien ship types are based on asteroids, the patrol ships are
irregular ovals, the warships are triangular, the battleships are "T"
shaped. I bought 2 packs of "Patrol ships" at 2 for $2.00 and 2
"warships"
at $3.00 each. They would make a nice system defence squadron for a
Belter
colony! Division After Division also had the full line of 15mm Tabletop
Laser Burn figures. Are these figures usable for Stargrunt? Some of them
seemed rather too Gothic but I only saw the few painted figures he had
on
display.

John Kinder
Jkinder@worldnet.att.net
" I don't believe there's any problem in this country,
 no matter how tough it is , that Americans, when
 they roll up their sleeves, can't completely ignore."
George Carlin

Prev: RE: EFSB new ship comment and old ship question Next: Re: David Peters, Internet Message