Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

Real world? Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:06:57 -0600
Subject: Real world? Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage

In Steve Jackson's(the US one) Ogre Miniatures Book, the PSB is that
camo
is superfluous in the future all-electronic battle field. The tanks
would
be outlined in bright colors, keyed to side and threat, in the holo
displays that actually ran the battle.

Certainly, in the Gulf, with many shots on the order of mile or greater,
through dense smoke, and/or at night, this has happened in some
situations.
Natch, it's a special case, and I'd rather be camo'd in every way
possible.
Hell, I'd rather keep keep my ass as far from any shooting as possible.

However, my impression is that, if the best IR-suppressing paint were
hot
pink paisley, the Iragi tankers and  gro-po's would have done a better
job
surviving in Mod mode.

While the above is an observation, and not argument on my part, SJ also
pointed out that camo on the miniature battlefield can be too effective.
Nice if your opponent misses seeing your unit, bad if you do likewise,
and
miss using it for a turn or three.

It's bad enough when I get spacey and miss using something in dazzle
paint.
;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage Next: Re: DS2/SG2 Camouflage