Prev: Re: Re[2]: DSII damage chit chart. Next: DSII chit probabilities (VERY LONG)

Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:59:38 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

Jerry Han wrote:

> Seriously though, I've found that such setups make really bad game
> scenarios,
> unless you're replaying World War I, Western Front.  Otherwise, you
> would
> need extremely compelling reasons to attack a defence like that head
> on,
> whatever the odds are.

Funny, if you are a proponent of manuever theory, (Real manuever theory
not the thinly veiled attrition based theory that the we in the US
practice), then a set piece battle by definition, is a failure in your
operational manuever.

> One thing that has always confused me about 'monofilament' and
> 'monomolecular'
> type devices; the entire thing has to be monofilament before it'll cut
> through,
> right?  Otherwise the thing has a really nice edge, but it won't punch
> through
> anything i.e. monomolecular tipped spikes don't mean anything unless
> the
> whole thing was monomolecular; which kind of limits the damage you
> could
> produce unless you manage to vent the fusion reactor.

The monofillament route is probably a good obstacle for Grav and
skimmers.

   Los

Prev: Re: Re[2]: DSII damage chit chart. Next: DSII chit probabilities (VERY LONG)