Prev: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery) Next: Re: Worried about GenCon.

Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 12:46:04 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Tony Christney wrote:

> I did this a relatively simple way a while back (more than a year).
> The way I handled it was to use a combination of a D10(0-9) and a D12.
> The D12 counted as the "tens" (I think you have to ignore 12s). I had
> a chart to cross reference the die roll with the corresponding damage
chit.

That's easy. A single chit draw fits nicely on a d100 table.

> To work out higher class weapon hits, you would use five sets of color
> coded dice, re-rolling the very very rare duplicates (if you want to
> recreate the odds _exactly_). If you aren't worried about duplicates,
> (the difference is negligible) then one set of dice is fine.

Erm, that's in effect rolling X times on the 1 chit table, something I
tried to avoid. IMHO, the whole point of rolling dice and table-lookup
is
that it has to be faster than picking chits. I don't find rolling 10
different colored d10's very convenient (in effect 1d10000000000).

> The problem is that when I made the chart up, I had no opponents, and
> the chart got lost in the pile of papers from school ;).

I have the chart on my web pages, it's at
http://www.swob.dna.fi/mini/gzg/
I think.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery) Next: Re: Worried about GenCon.