Prev: FT "Worldbooks" Next: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: BJCantwell <BJCantwell@a...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:44:55 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

> On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>  > Agreed, this is a bug that we need to fix. Opinions on how, anyone?
Would
>  > simply allowing anti-air systems to engage VTOLs if they are in
HIGH mode
>  > do the trick, or would it be too lethal for the VTOLs for game
balance?
>  >
>  > Player input gratefully received!
>
>  Why not allow the anti-air system to be used in two different ways:
>
>  1) "sweep mode" -- this is the way the ADS currently works.
>  The ADS is sweeping the skies for targets, and can defend against
>  multiple attackers.
>
>  2) "targeting mode" -- the ADS can only engage one (or two?) targets
per
>  turn, but the range of the defense is doubled (72").
>
>  --
>  Rick Rutherford
>  rickr@digex.net
>  Private Networks Group
>  DIGEX Inc.

Jon,

I've started using an additional anti-air system, the SAM
(surface-to-air
missile).  SAM systems use all of the same mechanics to intercept
aircraft as
ADS, but with a couple of minor differences.  SAM's have a 60" range,
count
only red and yellow chits as valid, and cannot intercept incoming
missiles.
This has worked well so far...

Brian

Prev: FT "Worldbooks" Next: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!