Prev: Re: The EFSB B5 Rules Next: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

RE: Missiles and Submunition ideas

From: "Haun, Gilles, SSG" <haung@E...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:38:53 -0500
Subject: RE: Missiles and Submunition ideas

Obviously, you've never seen what happens to military ammo carriers that
get canned by an incoming explosive round - afterall, ammo carriers are
nothing more than a box with treads/wheels and the fireworks display is
spectacular!

Gil
 Murphy's Laws of Combat #42
"Professional soldiers are predictable -
>The world is full of dangerous amatuers!"

>----------

<SNIP>

>I think it would be easier to keep track of if the missiles
>were in a defined magazine.  I was going to object to missiles
>exploding in storage because I hate it when Holywood has an
>atomic bomb being triggered by shock.	However, with all the
>volatiles involved, a magazine explosion should be pretty
>impressive.  Early model magazines I can see having a lot of
>problems.  While I could see any loss of the magazine resulting
>in a total loss of the magazine, if they have the magazine set
>up so that it channels and vents any explosion out of the ship
>that should alleviate the problem.  So an ordinary threshold
>check that damages the magazine usually can't be repaired.
>Maybe it should do damage equal to the number of threshold
>levels already lost.
>
>> Pete
>
>Are you using 1 Mass of Cargo Space can contain 2 Mass of
>replacement missiles?	Going as high as 3 Mass seemed
>unbalancing.
>
>I suppose a lot of the volatilty of missile fuel depends on
>what sort of fuel you use.  If the missiles engines are
>fusion powered then a purely fuel explosion wouldn't be
>very impressive.  If you are using hyperglogic (sp?) fuels,
>fuels which ignite upon mixing, a couple of cracked tanks
>results in burnt Battlestar.
<SNIP>

Prev: Re: The EFSB B5 Rules Next: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review