Prev: RE: Missiles and Submunition ideas Next: Re: Fleet Spacing

Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

From: "I had no idea that Jay Leno's chin had such magical powers." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:42:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Earth Force Source Book Review

Tom Granvold wrote:

> Stuart Murray <smurray@aecom.yu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Combat
> >
> > Pulse weapons = beam weapons, well almost.	Combat resolution with
these is
> > almost identical to FT.  The only real difference is the
incorporation of
> > the re roll.  If a weapon scores a '6' then if scores two damage AND
gets
> > to roll again, a simple mechanism, yet effective, to represent over
> > penetration damage.

>     One question I had reading it is does the reroll of a '6' only
occur
> on '6's on the first roll or if another '6' is rolled is it counted as
2
> and rolled yet again?

	Yup... That's what makes these rules so nasty... In the good way
;-)

>     Last, I wonder why the EA liner and freighter were given weapons.
> Personally, I would not give them any.  Also, I'd give the freighter
> only on drive unit.  These are just minor points in what looks to be
> a good game.

	I think that these are generic ships that all the powers have a
hold
off.  As for the armament:  If you remember "And Now For A Word" Narn
and Centauri commerical ships duked it out outside of the station.

>     Next I'd love to see control sheets for other ships, Drazi, Vree,
> and of course the White Stars, Vorlon, and Shadow ships. :-)	Does
> anyone know if there are plans for other source books to include
these?
> Of players will come up with their own unoffical ones soon.

	These probably won't come out until way into the future.  The
Babylon
Project is  set in the period in between the end of the Earth/Minbari
War and when B5 goes online.  The Shadows and Vorlons haven't popped
their heads out just yet.
	I your are not satisfied, then take Jon's suggestion to ignore
any
design system and make them from sratch.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

       "You know what they say: `Better to have loved and lost than
to have never loved at all.'"

	"Try it."

	--Agents J and K
	Men in Black

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: RE: Missiles and Submunition ideas Next: Re: Fleet Spacing