Prev: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update Next: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

Re: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

From: Not giving up on implausible dreams - experience to extremes <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 23:07:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs

>Personally, I find pulse torpedo's more enjoyable to use than scatter
>packs.  Pulse torps involve some skill to get within range and to get
>into a good firing position while scatter packs only require a thrust 8
>ship to come screaming down the battlefield and fire off its packs.  =
>How
>exciting.  I though Full Thrust was about tactics and using a bit of
>thought rather than I've got more scatter packs than you have so I win,
>then again I've got the latest White Dwarf and they say......

Heh.

Well, I can't say I've ever really complained about scatterpacks (mainly
'cause I rarely, if ever, use 'em ;), but a number of people here know
(either from word-of-mouth or sitting across the table watching me roll)
that I have lousy luck with pulse torps. I was testing out a couple of
fleet designs earlier today, one of them pulse-torp-armed (1 torp/ship).
Of the 4 ships which got to fire their torps 9 times all total, only *1*
hit; even the couple ships that got to less than 6" missed. I hit with
B-batts more often than not.

Maybe it's my dice, and they know when I'm firing pulse torps.	*shrug*
All I know is that, tactics not withstanding, I have a hideous time
hitting with p-torps.  :-/

(oh dude, trim your included replies a bit; there was a *heck* of a lot
of included stuff - and what was that attachment thing?)

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update Next: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update