Prev: Re: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: Re: Wet Thrust for WW2

Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 20:40:21 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

David Brewer wrote:

> In message <345B701F.57F1@sj.bigger.net> John Leary writes:
> > Aaron P Teske wrote:
> > (edited)
> > >
> > > While I'm not Jon, I figure I can safely say that you more-or-less
are
> > > locked out.  One of the ideas behind the tournament is that we
don't
> > > know what our opponent is using, and if Jon gives out details of
the
> > > battles immediately after they've finished, then the next people
> > > fight will know what their opponents are capable of.
> [...]
> >
> > Aaron,
> >	 Thank you for the reply, I guess I'll just have to wait.
> > I am one of those people who likes to inspect the order of
> > battle and predict the outcome. (Die rolling can however mess
> > up the best estimate.)
>
> John, and those otherwise TWIMC,
>
> Perhaps if you approach individual players for their orders of
> battle privately, with many oaths of secrecy sworn, they'll let
> you know what they've got. I would.
>
> I'm surprised Jon hasn't include some provision for lurking. Most
> PBeMs have a strong lurker contingent.
>
> >	 Strangely enough I didn't consider that anyone would look
> > at another players fleet.	During a game I normally keep track
> > whats going on turn by turn, noting reduced volume of fire, loss
> > of turning ability ect.
>
> I'm sure we, the EA players, all do that too. Sensors only cull so
> much info, particularly with the obligatory area ECM.
>
> --
> David Brewer (also House Covington... through to round two)

David,
     Congratulations on the advancement.   I think I'll wait it out
for a while yet.   Thanks for the offer of a 'peak', but some points
were brought out that have enlightened me.   If one was to know
to much, one could (without malice) blow some part of fleet or
plan to a third party.	 Then what do you have, you have those in the
tourney having to read the E-mail withour remembering the E-mail
they have just read to be fair to the other players who have also
read the same E-mail without really having read it at all.
Did you get that, I didn't.
Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: Re: Wet Thrust for WW2