Prev: Re: ECM and Aliens Next: L o s t in S p a c e (echo, echo, ech.., e)

RE: Big Guns and Small Ships (was Re: house rules/offline)

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:31:08 +0100
Subject: RE: Big Guns and Small Ships (was Re: house rules/offline)

Binhan at 12:03 21/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

   8<snip>8

 or the ablity of your gun mounts to swivel
>quickly enough (depending on how they do it) to track.  I agree that
the
>farther away the target is the easier it is to track.

...Well I have always assumed mirrors! In a starship you have all the
gubbins of a 'Beam' inside the ship perpendicular to the surface and a
sort
of movable (in and out) parabolic mirror that can spin quite fast. The
mirror would be contained within a dust/debris cover that is only opened
for
firing. GZG ships have loads of these 'bubbles' or have I got this wrong
and
have all the bad castings!!!

Jon (T.C)

Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: ECM and Aliens Next: L o s t in S p a c e (echo, echo, ech.., e)