Prev: StarGrunt2 Questions Pt.2 Next: Re: FT campaign and wet thrust

RE: SG2-A few questions

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:45:21 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2-A few questions

Paul wrote:

> Subject:	SG2-A few questions

Well the way we play:

	>1) Can a Forward Observer, who is attached to a
	>squad, observe (call in) artillery fire in the same
	>ACTION in which the rest of the squad fires?

No, as a SQUAD can carry out one thing per action and since calling
artillery is a COMMUNICATION; therefore an action.

> 2) Can a squad composed of ten soldiers fire
> with five of them on one action and the other five
> on the second action of the same activation?
> Thus, the whole squad actually fires twice in one
> activation although each squad member has only
> fired once?

I don't see why not; you can fire a SAW separately so firing 4 figures
in one action and then 4 figures and the SAW next action would seem
within the rules. But to be honest it seems a bit of the "the RULES
don't say I can't so I will!".	Bear in mind the rules for LOS work on
centre of squad to centre of target, so if firing separate fire teams
then you might wish to work LOS from them.

Anyway if you want to do that sort of thing the 'right thing' IMHO would
be to spend one action to form a detachement then fire the squad weapons
of the detachment, then with the remaining action of the parent squad
fire , then with the remaininig action of the detachment throw smoke so
your opponent can't fire back in a fit of outrage!!!

What I like about the rules are that they allow a Pl Comd or Sect Comd
to use real style fire control orders.

Happy hunting,

	Owen G

Prev: StarGrunt2 Questions Pt.2 Next: Re: FT campaign and wet thrust