Prev: Formation of the NAC (was OU/NAC ship designations) Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:03:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

> Someone in this thread (the geopolitics thread, not the Madison one)
> mentioned the Scandanavian countries, and their fate. How about a
> Scandanavian Commonwealth or similar composed of Norway, Sweden,
> Denmark & Finland? I don't know that they've got enough in common
> with the NSL to join them, the ESU was prohibited by the old EU from
> coming further west, and geographically the FSE makes little sense.
> So the Scandanavian countries could well be a seperate unit of their
> own...Vikings in space, anyone?? :)

The Stargrunt II background section mentions Scandinavian mercenaries
in the employ of the NAC in 2170. So I guess that those countries are
still independent but on good relations with the NAC and NSL.

BTW, Swiss mercenaries are mentioned in 2177, (in NSL employ). Good
to hear that some long standing traditions are maintained!

	Steve
My other .sig is a Porsche.

Steve Pugh.	  http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/

Prev: Formation of the NAC (was OU/NAC ship designations) Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe