Prev: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe Next: RE: DSII/CENTURION Conversion Notes

Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:03:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

> What ever happened to India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.?  And is
> The PAU a large number of independent countries with a mutual
> defense pact, or is it supposed to be a single, huge, and minerally
> rich political entity?

The Indian sub-continent was invaded by the ESU in 2053.

Later their were clashes with the IF over massacares of Muslims by
Hindu ESU officers.

Personally I would guess that Afghanistan is in the IF, India is in
the ESU and Pakistan could be in either, or could well be disputed
territory. I also guess that there are IF backed Muslim "freedom
fighters" at large in parts of the ESU controlled countries.

As the Gurkhas still exist I guess some Nepalese managed to get off
planet and settle on a NAC allied world. I can't see the ESU allowing
Nepalese citizens to join the NAC military.

The PAU is described as a "federal super-state" as early as 2043 so I
guess the second of your options is closer to the mark.
Next question: where is the PAU/IF border? Somewhere along the
southern edge of the Sahara?

	Steve

My other .sig is a Porsche.

Steve Pugh.	  http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/

Prev: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe Next: RE: DSII/CENTURION Conversion Notes