Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

Formation of the NAC (was OU/NAC ship designations)

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:03:40 -0400
Subject: Formation of the NAC (was OU/NAC ship designations)

> That's the part of the whole NAC thing that is so hard to swallow,
> that just Canada and the UK could quell a country with the
> population and military resources of the US. Even if the majority of
> the military were still loyal to Gen. Parham, (which is hard to
> believe, given the still large portion of regionalism in America)
> you still have huge amounts of National Guard units that wouldn't be
> along with all those military vets with the training and personal
> weaponry to make an invasion a VERY difficult process. I would
> really like to see Jon or someone else write something that would
> attempt to justify this.

Well we don't know how badly shafted the US economy will be by 2050.

With individual states already fighting against the Federal Govt.
(and maybe even against each other) before the British and Canadian
forces step in the chances are that resistance is disorganised and
piecemeal. I guess there would have been few actual battles but lots
of little scrappy engagements.

Guessing that most of the state-of-the-art units would stay loyal to
Parham. All the UK/Canadian/Federal forces need is air superiority
and they can really hamper the rebels' logistical support even
though the rebels are mainly on hoem ground. Maybe it would come
down to which side the Navy supported, blockade the coasts and fly
sorties from the CVNs

It did take 7 years. I doubt there was any nationwide organised
resistance, after all Parham is the established military. It wasn't
a Canadian/UK invasion was it? They were invited in by Parham and all
they did was help to 'pacify' the situation. ;-)

The Brits must have been playing some dirty tricks in the background
as well, otherwise I simply don't see how the could have got
everyone to unite under the crown at the end of the war.

	Steve
My other .sig is a Porsche.

Steve Pugh.	  http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/

Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe