Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Fleet survey additional

Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 07:43:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> one), Iceland (roughly the same) or Finland (know too little about
> their trading relations - Mikko'll have to fill in on this),

If the choice is between NAC, NSL, FSE and ESU, barring major changes in

political climate, Finland would be in league with NSL. It's a close
call, really, but I think geography would be the most important factor,
and of the viable candidates, ESU is ruled out immediately.

> Sorry to disappoint you, but I strongly doubt if the Scandinavian
> countries could afford going into space even if all five unite -
> there are simply too few of us, and with current birth rates we
> won't be that many more in the future.

And some obscure third world countries do? C'mon, this is science
fantasy
anyway.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: savasku capital ships. Next: Re: Fleet survey additional