Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Hibernia Forever

FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust)

From: Tre Chipman <tre@i...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:53:14 -0400
Subject: FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust)

>You also seem to want to get an RPG element involved - individual
>character stuff, James Bond actions, etc. That'd be interesting, as the
>GZG universe is well set up for conflicts on all levels, not just the
>grand-tactical of FT and DS2 and the squad-tactical of SG2.

I've worked out a set of RPG rules that fit very nicely into FT games--
I've got like 20+ skills and what I feel is a pretty good basis for a
beer-and-pretzels RPG utilizing SGII-type die rolls (sorta).  They were
originally designed for use in my (eternally unfinished) FT campaign
rules,
and thus reflect a bias towards my own game universe, but it's pretty
easy
to adapt to any universe (or time, really).  They DO decidedly slant
combat
in favor of the players, which	is what they were supposed to do in the
first place (The Enterprise with Captain Kirk in command should be able
beat the heck out of a similarly equiped ship with Joe Nobody at the
helm,
after all).  It's a little too long to send to the list as an
attachment,
but if anyone's interested, I'd be glad to post them somewhere...

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Hibernia Forever