Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust)

Re: Stategic Thrust

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:14:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Stategic Thrust

>Yes, but how on Earth do they get off of Earth?
>
>In other words, if a spin-off group doesn't have any starships or the
>means to manufacture and/or maintain starships, then what relevance do
>they have in Full Thrust?
>
>StarGrunt is a different story -- assault rifles are cheap and
plentiful
>(from the point of view of a splinter faction, anyway), and you could
also
>make a case for Dirtside II, but I really don't see how the Free
People's
>Republic of Madison, Wisconsin is going to get into space.

Perhaps the U.S. faction of the NAC sells off its old NASA Space
Shuttles to
weak powers and then throws in an obsolete FTL drive to strap on the
back?
At least then you can land on the planet!  ;-)

-Kelvin.....

 "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so Brain but, horizontal stripes on
       trousers make me look fat.  Poit!"
	    -Pinky and the Brain
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: FT-RPG (was Re: Stategic Thrust)