Prev: MechaZone Final Campaign Report Next: Re: Number of systems on ships

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 16:30:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

Thanks, it's always nice to know where we're heading.

A few notes for the fleetbook:

I'm one of those who originally criticized it... but reading your notes,

I think I will buy it once it comes out. It's simply a question of how
much usable stuff there is for me.

So, optional rules and ready designs I can and will use, whatever you
call those ships, but a 20-page essay on the 3rd NAC-ESU war, fluff
short stories etc. are not very high on my list.

Just:

a) PLEASE double-check all designs. I haven't seen glaring errors from
you, but several other publishers frequently print examples that can not

be replicated under their own rules. Keep up the standard you've had so
far.

b) PLEASE no nation/race-specific "freebie" bonuses in designs. Or if
you must include such, please write them so the ship is still usable
(and
book-legal) in generic environment. E.g. "NAC PDAF's get +1 to hit"
rather than "NAC PDAF's weigh only XXX and cost only YYY". With the
former, I can just take the ship and ignore the nation-specific bonus,
with the latter, the entire design is useless.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: MechaZone Final Campaign Report Next: Re: Number of systems on ships