Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: sg2

Re: Number of systems on ships

From: "Meanwhile, elsewhere on the planet..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 16:45:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Number of systems on ships

>I have a rather odd question.	What are the average number of systems
>people put on a ship?	For instance a Mass 18 FTL escort could have 9
>c-bats but what is the average number of systems?  I'm curious as to
what
>sizes I would need to make a ship diagram for the "average" ship.

I've noticed that the average number of systems I stick on ships is ~1/4
to 1/5 the Mass of the boat in question (eg, a Mass 60 ship might have
12
systems put in it; a Mass 14 boat might have only 4). Very few of my
ship
designs seem to stray from this (unless they're special-designed ships,
of
course ;-)

Mk
-
During the run-and-fight-and-run-again battle through this forest of
horror,
she is finally cornered. Her weapons have been left deep in the bodies
of the
slain or broken against the granite-hard scales of these snakes that are
not
snakes. Her stand to the death must be fought here. Though her only
weapons
are her hands and her deep and wide knowledge of the slayers, she does
not
fear them. They will die. Of this she is sure.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: sg2