Prev: Re: B5 ship/fighter question Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

MechaZone Final Campaign Report

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 15:39:40 -0400
Subject: MechaZone Final Campaign Report

Ok, the summer was somewhat uneventful, but we managed to play the final

clash last Friday.

To bring you up to date, PanMa's surviving carrier, Valiant, was hunted
down and sunk after their disastrous battle with GUGES.

Ok, the situation on Mercury was looking grim, so PanMa highups ordered
some troop shipments to pacify the situation. GUGES also smelled
opportunity, and sent an invasion fleet towards Mercury. Meanwhile, AEUG

and Norge allied and set forth to escort a cod shipment to Mars, to
relieve starving ground pounders.

PanMa goes all the way and leaves only a skeleton fleet to protect Mars.
GUGES is unsure whether PanMa is trying to attack his bases or Mercury
--
deciding to wait and see.

This proves to be a mistake. PanMa forces reach Mercury well ahead and
are able to land all troops before the space battle begins. GUGES, OTOH,

must protect his troopships.

The ships feint and weave a bit, but in the end all clash in one big
battle.

PanMa separates his missile destroyers to encircle and attack GUGES
troopships, GUGES light cruisers move to intercept. Both groups soon hit

40+ speeds are never again seen on the table (even though we are playing

in centimeters now).

GUGES tries an early missile attack, but PanMa interceptors shoot all
down. The spent destroyers also exit the table before any serious
gunnery
begins.

The major battlegroups have been heading straight for each other. Both
deploy panzers and the panzer lines clash before any serious gunnery
damage is dealt.

GUGES interceptors hold valiantly, but PanMa forces are simply too
numerous, torpedo-equipped panzers slip through and deliver a telling
blow to GUGES flagship, and their only screen-3 ship. This practically
settles the battle.

PDAF's are useless as usual.

The heavies are now in range, PanMa attack panzers continue sniping, but

big guns are speaking now. Under withering beam assault PanMa loses a
couple of cruisers, but GUGES is down a battleship.

Without any screen-3 ships left, GUGES had little choice but target
the slightly more vulnerable PanMa cruisers.

A little further and the horrid drive-by stage of the battle commences.
When I get a picture of that scanned, you'll know why I think I won't
play with centimeter scale anymore...

At close range the beam batteries quickly knocked out all but two
remaining PanMa cruisers, however, GUGES also lost another battleship
and
some lighter stuff.

As the drive-by ends, GUGES uses his superior thrust to get away from a
losing fight.

Meanwhile, Norge and AEUG decide to take out a PanMa base. Sending in a
panzer force to do the prep work, they hardly work up a sweat doing it,
though the base panzers put up a valiant defense.

This concludes the MechaZone 556 campaign.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: B5 ship/fighter question Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]