Prev: Re: Starblazers game -- info needed Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

Re: GZG Online Catalogue

From: ngilsena@i...
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:05:05 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG Online Catalogue

> Date: 	 Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:51:29 -0700
> From: 	 Mark and Kendra Allen <mwa1@ix.netcom.com>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Re: GZG Online Catalogue

> > O.k. I have two probably dumb questions, but oh well, here goes.
> >
> > 1) What's VAT?

Value added tax.  Its based on the value of the product being sold.
In the UK I  beleive its something like 17.5% of the value of the
product on top of the price of it.  At least it was.  Whats the new
rate over there then ?	You could claim the vat back if you
are a registered business as long as you are using the product for
legit business purposes.  Not much hope of that with Metal starships.
Well unless you work for the european space agency I suppose.

> > 2) Why the large price difference between GeoHex and GZG versions of
the ships?
> >    The larger ships are of comperable price, given an exchange rate
of
> >    1.6 to 1.  But the smaller ships are MUCH more expensive in the
> >    States.	Is this some strange conspierence to bring about the
NAC?  or
> >    is there something I don't know?

Haven't a clue.  Business decision perhaps to encourage more
purchasing of larger ships?  Better profit margin on them?

Typical though. Heres me about to send on for a new order and the
exchange rate between the Irish pound and sterling rockets.  Nowa
price rise.  Sigh.  Perhaps its a sign that I should paint the ships
I already have first...

Niall Gilsenan,
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin, Ireland.

Prev: Re: Starblazers game -- info needed Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest