Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: Re: Variations for the young

Re: Scratchbuilt Fleets

From: Robert Crawford <crawford@i...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 19:31:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Scratchbuilt Fleets

On Tue, Aug 12, 1997 at 03:50:35PM +0300, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Tim Jones wrote:
> > In the UK you can't buy shotgun cartridges without a shotgun
> > licence, fishing weights are a substitute, but are usually split,
> > but that would make a good half turret.
> Don't buy entire shells -- the pellets should be available separately
for
> use in muzzle loaders and reloading. Those shouldn't require a license
> buy, unless brits are considerable sicker than I thought.

	BBs (for air guns) and pellets (ditto) are also nice. I was
inspired by the original message, and stopped on the way home. I
picked up 600 BBs that will serve perfectly as turrets or sensor domes
for scratchbuilt, _and_ 250 "wadcutter" pellets. These pellets are
shaped like a little rocket nozzle, and are going to serve as engines
for my scratchbuilt ships.

--

Robert Crawford 				crawford@iac.net
			   finger for Geek Code & PGP public key

Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: Re: Variations for the young