Prev: Painting resin Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

Re: The Posties Back and progs.

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:12:41 -0400
Subject: Re: The Posties Back and progs.

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Sprayform wrote:

> Does anyone remember one from the early '80,s IIRC it could have been
a GW
> game (but they were good then!! honest) and had the robots action
modified
> by at max 3 D6 rolls plus various flow shifts from its action last
turn plus
> modifications for achieving its sub set mission. 6 subset missions
were
> provided I think and the Main mission modified the likley hood of each
> subset being used.
> I know I didn't dream it up but it might have improved with age!!! If
you

Don't recall that, but early WH40K had programmable robots. In WD
100-110
somewhere I think. And I mean REALLY programmable!

You bought these program counters with points, and assempled them into
flowchart -like programs. And that's what your robot did, whether it
made sense or not.

Great fun, especially when someone tried to save on points by skipping
the "is target an enemy figure?" command... A bit cumbersome though...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Painting resin Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks