Prev: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: AI in FT ... again,...

From: Darren Douglas <ddouglas@v...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:37:36 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT ... again,...

Chris McCurry wrote:
> though there is an appeal to having unmaned ships..
>
> for one suppose an alien reace that is all but wiped out.. I race that
have
> such a small living population..

One great reason, is the training time of pilots. A fighter can be
manufactured in
a lot less time than it takes to train a pilot to fly it.

This allows for high use/loses. There are a pile of other good reasons,
human
pilots for example have problems like ill health, fatigue, they need
sleep etc.

Darren

Prev: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)