Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters Next: Re: AI in FT ... again,...

Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:15:11 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
>	Still for a $15.00 program I hope there is something else on the
disk
> with it.  If this system had all of the factors built in (oversized
> vehicles, etc)  I might be persuaded to buy it, but only if there are
> other support programs on it.

Yep -- a CD-ROM can hold 300 megabytes of stuff, and I certainly hope
that
the DSII vehicle generator doesn't take up 300MB!

The vehicle generator alone doesn't seem to be worth $15.00 to me.
I'd hope that it would print out an index-card-size version of all the
relevant vehicle statistics, including the vehicle's movement per turn
given for all the different types of terrain.

I'd also like to see a FT ship generator on the CD-ROM that you can use
create ship designs and print out a ship diagram with all the correct
symbols. Ideally, given a valid ship design, it should automatically
create the diagram!

I can dream, can't I?
--
Rick Rutherford
rickr@digex.net

Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters Next: Re: AI in FT ... again,...