Prev: Re: AI's in full thrust Next: HH Ideas for FT

RE: FT Novels (actually now SG Novel more appropriate)

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 05:28:33 -0400
Subject: RE: FT Novels (actually now SG Novel more appropriate)

Having mixed up S.M. Stirling and David Drake in a previous post, I can
now honor Mr Drake by commenting on his latest offering I have read.
Titled Redliners, it is a VERY good example of a SG/DS style novel right
down to a close approximation of most weapons systems ie IAVR, GMS and
Plasma Guns (Inf). And like his Slammers, the central unit; a Company
strength, is perfect for your NAC, OUDF or FedStats. And he doesn't get
bogged down in the technical discussions on why technology does/doesn't
work. Puts a target in the sights, off goes the safety and watch the
dirt kick up!

Owen Glover

Prev: Re: AI's in full thrust Next: HH Ideas for FT