Prev: Re: FT III: ECM. from originator Next: Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII

Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 05:20:48 -0400
Subject: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

At 05:59 PM 6/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>	Now, how long in the average turn in FT in "game time?"  We
don't know,
>do we?  That area has been left completely up in the air.   If the 1
>turn equals 10 minutes, then I can understand the normal firing rules.
>However if it's something like 10 seconds, then you have to ask
yourself
>can a fleet of starships react to incoming fire that fast and (as we in
>our playgroup call it) "return the lovin'?"
>Later,
>Mark
I would say not very long. You are making the presumption that all this
is
done by human hand. Even now there's a degree of automation in
counterbattery fire and interception. It's reasonable to resume that in
FT
period most of the specifics of combat are handled by superfast
computers.

		TTFN
			Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: FT III: ECM. from originator Next: Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII