Prev: Re: Improvised Turn Guages. Next: Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic

Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 05:09:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII

>I've just embarked on modifying FT into WWII for a beer and pretzels
game
>of What If... for instance if the Bismark and Tirpitz had survived to
take
>on the British Home Fleet or if the Japanese had managed to take down a
>carrier or two at Pearl and left the Americans with only crisers and
>battleships to slug it out with for the middle years of the war.
>Scenarios such as Musashi vs Iowa class or even a quick and dirty
version
>of Midway that is playable in an afternoon.
[snip]

>Comments are welcome.
>
>--Binhan

Binhan - sounds interesting. I've had people tell me they've done
conversions for FT Napoleonic Naval (Full Sail?), and I've been playing
with ideas for a Modern Naval version - mainly for my own use,
especially
as I was tempted into buying 130+ beautifully painted & based 1/2400
modern
ships at the bring-and-buy at the last show I went to... :) [with this
size
of fleet you NEED Q&D (Quick and Dirty) rules!]

I would certainly be interested in seeing the full text of your rules
when
you've done them; it's up to you and other list members whether you want
post them to the list or privately email them.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Improvised Turn Guages. Next: Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic