Prev: Re: Cool FT Book (Warning - Starfire plug) Next: Re: Cool FT Book

Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:13:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon

>Jon,
>
>Phil's questions on DS2 leaders got me thinking. I've always assumed
that
>infantry units in DS2 were squads. The rules state they are fire teams
and
>you even say 1-3 fire teams make up a squad. BUT, due to the Unit
Integrity
>rules (pg23), all such fire teams must stay in base to base contact
(thus
>they're just a squad stand made up of smaller stands).  If I play with
>squad level stands am I hurting myself when it comes to C checks,
leader
>loss, under fire status, etc. because I am attributing these things to
an
>entire squad instead of just a fire team? Should I adjust anything or
is
>the fact that both sides are equally effected balance everything out
just
>fine?
>
>Thanks,
>

>-----
>Paul J. Calvi Jr.
>tanker@rahul.net
>
>"Objective, Offense, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of
Command,
>Security, Surprise, Simplicity"
>
>15SEP16

Paul -
We suggest that individual infantry bases in DSII (elements) are
"fireteams" of 3-5 men, with 2 or more bases being a squad; the reason
for
this is (as someone else has already posted) that it allows removal of
losses by team rather than by whole squad, They are kept in base contact
simply due to the very compressed groundscale (1" = 100m). Using a
single
element to represent a squad is fine if you prefer, as long as you
explain
to your opposition what they are :), and may well make a large game move
faster.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Cool FT Book (Warning - Starfire plug) Next: Re: Cool FT Book