Prev: Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon Next: Re: DirtSide II Rules suggestions (Long)

Re: Cool FT Book

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:13:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Cool FT Book

>>I've begun reading
>
>Just finished last night, myself.
>
>>a good space opera with a FT style (actually shades of
>>StarFire).
>
>'Shades'?? Hee. No, it *is* Starfire.

Funnily enough, I've just been reading Crusade and Insurrection in the
last
few weeks, having had them on the bookshelf for years - they've finally
got
to the top of the "must get round to reading" list!

I think I've mentioned before that I have never played Starfire, and
haven't actually even got a copy. Possibly a good thing, because from
reading the books I realise some of the concepts are so much like FT
that
if I'd been familiar with Starfire first then FT might never have come
out
like it did - I'd have been too worried about accusations of
plagiarism...
:)
Now that FT is well enough established that this isn't a problem,
however,
the lack of a Starfire copy is a big hole in my games collection - I
think
I ought to have one. Is it still in print in the US? I can't seem to
find
one anywhere in the UK - all I have been able to locate was a copy of
the
"Crusade" scenario module (which I didn't buy at the time as I couldn't
find the rulebook itself).

Can anyone help on locating a copy (new or used) on either side of the
pond? I'd be quite happy to trade models for it! ;)

Jon (GZG)
jon@gzero.dungeon.com

Prev: Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon Next: Re: DirtSide II Rules suggestions (Long)