Prev: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

Weapon Variants for SGII

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:54:43 -0400
Subject: Weapon Variants for SGII

	Just some ideas.  I've been translating some of my vast array of
figures into SGII, and I wanted to have some weapons that had a
different
flavor to them for some of my more alien troops.

First of all, does it strike anyone else as odd that a Flamethrower is
of
use only in Close Combat?  I've been using it as a support weapon since
our
first game, myself....

Flame Thrower
    Support Firepower:	D10    Impact:	D10
*Can be fired at up to Medium Range (2 Range Bands) only.  Units
suffering
casualties from a Flame Thrower must make a Reaction Test at a threat
level
of 2.

Laser Rifle--Mid Tech
	Firepower: 2	       Impact:	D8
*Treat all targets as if they were one Range Band closer than they
actually are.

Laser Rifle--High Tech
	Firepower: 3	       Impact:	D10
*Treat all targets as if they were one Range Band closer than they
actually are.

Plasma Rifle--Mid Tech
	Firepower: 2	       Impact:	D12+
(D12+: Reduce the Armor die of target by one Die)

Plasma Rifle--High Tech
	Firepower: 3	       Impact:	D12++
(D12++: Reduce the Armor die of target by two Dice)

Organic Tech (What can I say?  I've got lots of Tyrannids....)

Venom Rifle
	Firepower: 2	       Impact: D10
Targets hit by rounds from a Venom Rifle are killed only if the Firer's
roll
is greater than THREE TIMES the Target's roll.	All other hits are
considered wounds, as usual.  When figures wounded by a Venom Rifle are
treated, use the following table:
	1=Dead, 2-4=Wounded, 5=Stabilized, 6=Okay.
	Medics affect this roll as usual.
	(The purpose of this is twofold: it forces the squad to carry
along
an ever-increasing number of screaming comrades, thus slowing them down
and
demoralizing them, and it leaves the Aliens with plenty of live bodies
play with afterwards.  And rescue attempts make nice scenarios....)

Venom Cannon:
	Support Firepower:  D10    Impact:  D10
Effects on target are identical to that of Venom Rifle.

	So, what do you all think?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II