Prev: Re: What is GZG's E-Mail Address? Next: Weapon Variants for SGII

Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:30:57 -0400
Subject: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

dadams wrote:
> This is savage! Given that atillery is a multi unit thing, as well as
> multi shot (art damaga values also represent *speed* of firing), it
> makes that 1 chit the most feared in the whole pile!

Ayup, it /is/ savage.  Of course, arty is one of the most powerful
forces on the DS mapboard, so it does balance out a bit.  Considering
that the real net result is to make arty unavailable /from one element/
for a few turns, it could be worse.  If you only have one arty element
supporting your forces, you deserve what you get.

> It happened to me twice!!!! On the first target!!!!

Just means one element bit it for a while, unless you're /really/ savage
and you make it two elements from the arty unit.

> The way I see missiles is that they travel *extramly fast* and have
> extramly sofisticated guidence, that is they see a target, they fire
and
> let the guidence do the work (a bit like fire and forget missiles on
> fighters)
>
> So a target is spotted moving, missiles fire, and then can be resolved
> last as you say.

Essentially, yes.  Of course, being a RenLeg fan, I /did/ have rules for
`slow missiles' of the grav-seeking variety that maneuver like actual
vehicles, just extremely quickly.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: What is GZG's E-Mail Address? Next: Weapon Variants for SGII